Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recovery Time

This is David
Today is Thursday the 13th of August. I am doing well I am recovering in beautiful mountain get away! It has been good to see the Lake and Mountains and be away from the city. It is amazing how fast I get tired when I do anything. I took a walk with my Father in law (age 70 years) yesterday and he had to wait for me to catch up 3 times we were only going about 200 feet. The pain is going away. My head is still numb in spots and is very tender in others. I feel so blessed to have such good friends and people around me, you have truly been a blessing to me and my family. Well I better go.
C-ya, David

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling better. We love you and pray for a quick and complete recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for the information I received here.
    I'm having surgery on 10/01.
    I'm so glad you are doing better. I'm happy for both of you that you've gotten through.
    Rosie Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. i came across your site on accident because i just can't sleep but i do understand. i came home on the 23rd of september, only 5 days after my own craniectomy and everything is going well. i too have wonderful family and friends and feel blessed even though i do have plenty of numbness and tenderness along the staples. the right side of my head feels like leather. it's odd but i try not to get upset considering my wonderful prognosis. take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to thank you for posting all of this information on the Chiari 1 surgery. I am scheduled to have this surgery January 21 at the Cleveland Clinic and am terrified. Your words about David's recovery have greatly helped to calm me about this procedure - and I no longer feel so alone. How is he feeling now, months after the surgery? How was the full recovery? I just have so many questions that I would so appreciate if you wouldn't mind answering. In fact, my email is composemusic04@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind "striking up a conversation" about this whole thing. This was just such helpful information and I really do appreciate every word you have shared here. -Tara

    ReplyDelete