Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Really?

Did I really think I was going to sleep well last night? First night home really makes you appreciate what the nurses do at the hospital. I was there every night, but failed to appreciate how busy they were.
I also thought I was going to get to sleep in my bed, but David decided he should try to lie on his side in the night, which meant I got to spend another night in a recliner. Well, back and forth between the recliner and the bed as he got uncomfortable.
Every day I am surprised by how much improvement I see. He is going longer and longer between pain medication now and is alternating between the powerful pain-killers and extra strength Tylenol. The kids enjoy holding his hand and walking with him around the house and he even ventured outside for a few minutes today.
Getting a shower was an adventure. We put a chair in the shower with a towel on it so it wouldn't be quite so cold. It's a little frightening washing his hair and watching the suds drip down along the incision, but the nurses told us a little water was ok as long as we didn't let it soak and we dried it out well with peroxide afterward.
He is now worn out and I am going to try again to get a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment