Monday, August 3, 2009

Home Again

We were able to bring David home this afternoon around 6:30 p.m. The car ride was pretty rough on him and he changed colors several times. We made it home without incident, and were so grateful for good neighbors who took the call from me on the way home asking them to move the recliner into the bedroom so he had a place to sleep.

One thing we really wondered about going into this surgery was how he was going to sleep...did they have him sleep on his side? Would he wear a brace? We really had no idea. The truth of the matter is, he lays on his back right on his incision on a pillow. I was pretty surprised, but parts of his head have no feeling right now due to the large number of nerves that were cut during the surgery. I guess that is a good thing since the nurse pulled out the two staples on the side of his head before we left and he didn't feel a thing!

Now I am just really tired and glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. I get the whole thing to myself :) I only hope that David is able to wake me up if he needs anything tonight because I am sure I will sleep like a rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment