Friday, July 31, 2009

Now We Wait!

We checked David into the hospital this morning at 5:15 am. It was a very short night and the kids were struggling. It was hard for them to say good night knowing the next time they see him he will be in the hospital and likely hurting.

After changing into the 'comfortable' hospital gown he decided he needed to use the restroom so he had a funny little sideways walk down the hall holding his gown. The nurse assured him that was the last time he would need to do that for a while because they will be putting in a catheter once he goes to sleep. I am sure you can imagine how happy that made him!!

They wheeled him into the room for anesthesia at 6:30 am and surgery started at 7. I am in the waiting room doing what people do in there.....waiting! Waiting for the promised update which should come around 8:30. As soon as I get it I will update the blog. Until then, you get to wait with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment